Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cuba week in Brunswick

At the end of March Brunswick will be celebrating Cuba Week, a celebration of our connection to Cuba through our official sister city there, the Cuban city of Trinidad. Here are two poems from my favorite contemporary Cuban poet, Nancy Morejon:



As in days gone by

We could sit down, as in days gone by
to read the famous writer's last book.
We prefer the river, the dam, the bird,
the bottom of the heart open
for the reaper.
O what blessed smoke from the future
vanishes between our hands.



Divertimento
for the pleasure of Rafael Alberti

(for guitar)

Between the sword and the carnation
I love utopias.
I love the rainbow and the kite
and I love the song of the pilgrim.
I love the romance between the bear and the iguana.
I love passports: when will passports cease to exist?
I love daily chores and the taverns
and guitars in the evening.
I love a thorny island in the throat of Goliath
like a palm tree in the center of the Gulf.
I love David.
I love liberty, which is an everlasting flower.

Two poems by Cuban poet Nancy Morejon

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Outstanding task ! Your web page has provided me all the strategies I needed .
locksmith in Naperville
Wellington FL Locksmith
Locksmith San Mateo CA
San Jose locksmith
Locksmith Milpitas
Locksmith Fremont CA
hialeah locksmith
pembroke pines locksmith
miami beach locksmiths
pembroke pines locksmith
mesquite tx locksmith
locksmith irvine ca
miami locksmiths
locksmith in hialeah
locksmith miami beach

1:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Think I am going to have to find the site that translates Japanese. It IS Japanese, isn't it?

Enjoying the blog, but note that as the years go by the posts get more sparse.

Beth Conant

11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Think I am going to have to find the site that translates Japanese. It IS Japanese, isn't it?

Enjoying the blog, but note that as the years go by the posts get more sparse.

Beth Conant

11:36 AM  
Blogger Erickson said...

I will always advice, that when you want to trade, you should seek the assistance of a well trained personnel. I've been trading with Richard Smith and it would be selfish of me, if i don't recommend them. With their well guarded signals and forever active(master class) strategies i have been able to make over 11,200usd weekly, he offers services to both experience and inexperience trader and also make recovery of lost funds So feel free reach out to him on email: richardsmith2488@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +1 225-277-1646

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home